Forum about Debates - Society
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 18396 - from Josie , 13 y.o. (United States) - 2020-06-08
Society : "State rep"

I wish to become a state representative one day though I am just 13 and I am hoping that I can. I was wondering based on this list would you vote for me?

. I believe in God
. I believe families are essential
. I think that everyone is subject to the law
. I have memorized the US constitution and rewritten it in my own words
. I believe everyone should have an equal start in life
. I think that marriage is between a man and a woman
. I Don't encourage the drinking of any strong drinks like Coffe, Tea, Wine, etc.
. I care for others :)

18396 -
modify delete 18774 - Reply from Levi , 15 y.o. (USA) - 2022-10-20

I would certainly consider it. I would love to see this forum kick back up if you're still interested in being state representative, and also see how much your opinions have changed.

18396 -
modify delete 18465 - Reply from Nyx (USA) - 2020-10-30

Your position is interesting. You stand for freedom in every respect except strong drink... unless, of course, you simply have an opinion on that matter and do not intend to enact any laws that would inhibit freedom in this regard.

Additionally, the rewriting the Constitution is dangerous to the extreme... do you believe the Constitution is open to interpretation?

18396 -
modify delete 18437 - Reply from bubbles (USA) - 2020-09-10

hai hai! Personally I wouldn't vote for you either (no offense). Your platform is ok, but I would focus on more politic ideas than peoples drinking choices. Personally coffee is a life saver, and boba is delicious. But that's besides the point I would revise and focus more on what political ideas you have. :)
xoxo
-bubbles

18396 -
modify delete 18414 - Reply from Malcolm , 11 y.o. (Australia) - 2020-07-08

"Your platform is alright," or alt-right badum tsssss

18396 -
modify delete 18397 - Reply from Jack , 14 y.o. (Australia) - 2020-06-09

Your platform is alright, I wouldn't vote for you (thats just my preference, don't feel offended) but you would only really appeal to patriots and conservative to far-right voters. Some things could be different, for example voters aren't going to care if you can recite the constitution or your opinion on strong drinks. Not to be rude but it's just how politics works.

Forum about Debates - Society - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info