Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 122445 - from Melissa (Australia) - 2018-07-10
: "Looking for pen pals"

Hello,
I am a teacher at a primary school in Melbourne Australia. We are looking for pen pals to match with our older students, we have 73 ten to eleven year olds and 60 eleven to twelve year olds. Our aim is broaden our students understanding of the world and cultural differences, however we would be looking to communicate in English. We are also happy to work with a few different schools so if you only have a small number of students (133 is a lot of students to match!) we could still partner together.
Our first time setting this up and we are very excited for the experience it can provide our students.
Thanks,
Melissa

122445 -
modify delete 129441 - Reply from Angie (USA) - 2021-09-14

Hello! I noticed that your note is from a few years ago but I thought I would reach out anyway! I am a 5th grade teacher at an elementary school in Washington State. I have 22 students and it would be great to write via email or snail mail with another class. Please let me know if you are interested.

Angie

122445 -
modify delete 128827 - Reply from Hanim (Malaysia) - 2021-03-04

Hi there. I'm from Malaysia. Looking for an

122445 -
modify delete 127791 - Reply from Kim (USA) - 2020-05-11

Hello, My name is Kim. My daughter Megan is 11 years old and looking for a pen pal from Australia. Especially during this corona virus lockdown. She will be going into 6th grade. My email is kimbrlytheresa@gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you.

122445 -
modify delete 126643 - Reply from Paula (USA) - 2019-10-02

Hi! I have a class of 26 7th grade social studies students. We are located in a small town in West Virginia. I am trying to find a pen pal for each of these kids. Many thanks for considering our class.

122445 -
modify delete 126018 - Reply from Festus Bazira (Uganda) - 2019-08-01

Dear Melissa

Yes,

We are interested. Let us start from here.

Thank You
Festus
For Future Diplomats Primary School

122445 -
modify delete 125778 - Reply from Riverside School (Kenya) - 2019-06-22

Our students are interested to start a penpals with your students. Our school is in Kenya(Africa)and we would like to share about our culture and many other things. Thanks,Mary

122445 -
modify delete 125510 - Reply from Brooke (USA) - 2019-03-21

Hello, I am a teacher in Olympia, Washington, USA and teach 4th grade at an elementary school with 22 fourth graders. We are currently reading Dear Mr. Henshaw and were inspired to find pen pals to correspond with via snail mail or classroom email on occasion. Please email if interested: bguthrie@osd.wednet.edu

122445 -
modify delete 125371 - Reply from fadime (Turkey) - 2019-02-22

Hi,l am fadime from Turkey. l am an english teacher at a middle school in Ankara. l have from 11 to 14 years old. lf you send letter to us, we'll be so glad. Cause my students want to learn english and other cultures.

122445 -
modify delete 125181 - Reply from Igor (Belarus) - 2019-01-19

Hi. I am a director of the Language school and would like to cooperate with you. My e-mail address is ilazarev1947@tut.by

122445 -
modify delete 125116 - Reply from Molly (USA) - 2019-01-10

I am a 6th grade teacher and I teach 11 and 12 year olds in Nederland, Texas. I would love to exchange names and write to your students. I have 25 kids in my class, but I could add my other classes in as well(about 110 kids). Please e-mail me at mnoel@nederlandisd.org and let me know.

122445 -
modify delete 124878 - Reply from Ahmad (Malaysia) - 2018-12-02

Hello there. I am Ahmad Safwan, an English teacher from Malaysia. I am interested to partner with your school in this penpal project, but the school term will only start January next year. Would that be okay?

122445 -
modify delete 124794 - Reply from Laura (France) - 2018-11-22

Hi!
I'm an English teacher from south west France, and I have a class of 23 students aged from 10 to 11 who would love to have penpals!
If you haven't found enough students to match with yours, don't hesitate to contact me!

Laura D.

122445 -
modify delete 124789 - Reply from Andrew (Taiwan) - 2018-11-21

Dear Melissa,

I was searching for pen pals for my third grade students and stumbled on a message of yours on studentsoftheworld.info

Are you still looking for pen pals for your students?

I teach 33 3rd grade students. It is a bilingual school so their English is generally excellent. I teach them Language Arts, Maths and Science, and they also write essays, diaries, and hopefully soon pen pal letters!

I prefer using snail mail for pen pals, and sending all the letters together in one big envelope to ensure that every student gets one.

The students could be paired for the length of the project to get to know each other better. They could write about the day-to-day lives, experiences and culture, or a specific topic we assign them.

My school is an international bilingual school. Many of my students are native English speakers, and they have all been studying the language for many years.

Please let me know what you think. Thank you.

122445 -
modify delete 124402 - Reply from Doc (USA) - 2018-10-23

Greetings! I run a virtual cultural exchange program which involves approximately 40 students ages 13-18. While most of my students are from the USA - I have a handful of students from other countries. We are interested in connecting with a school that is willing to exchange letters via email from October/November to May, 2019 (but the program can stop whenever you need it to). Unfortunately, because of our varied locations, email is the only method by which we can participate. Our students have successfully written to students in their age range, as well as to students who are much younger (ages 6-12). If you are interested, please contact us. We are available to get started immediately!

Dr. Herrera

122445 -
modify delete 124005 - Reply from Rae (USA) - 2018-10-01

Hi Melissa, I came across your post on here and wanted to see if you were still looking for pen pals. I have a class of 24 fourth graders. I am hoping to find pen pals to connect them with. Please let me know if you are interested.

122445 -
modify delete 123961 - Reply from Paule (France) - 2018-09-28

Hello, This reply might be a little late but my students and I would be interested in communicating with a school in Australia. Most of them have been studying English for 3 years so they are starting to be able to communicate in English. I have several classes: the youngest are 10 (beginners) and the oldest are 13 years old. We live in a ski resort in the French Alps, the difference in our lifestyles could lead to a rich experience!
Please let me know if you are interested as well. Kind regards.

122445 -
modify delete 123813 - Reply from Inna (France) - 2018-09-21

Hello.
I introduce myself, I am a teacher in a primary school in northern France in year 5. I have 29 students who really want to improve their English and know other English culture. I have made a project around journalism. We could exchange via letters, mails or even Skype.
So, if you are interested, contact me as possible you can.

Thank you .

122445 -
modify delete 123781 - Reply from Rebecca (USA) - 2018-09-20

Hi,
I am a teacher at an elementary school in Charleston, SC in the USA. I teach 100 academically gifted 4th & 5th graders (9-11 years old). Our classroom theme this year is Needs. Therefore, I would like to provide my students with this opportunity to broaden their understanding of the world and cultural differences. Please contact me if you are interested in partnering with us. It is okay if you have less than 100 students as I am looking to have penpals from several different places.
Thanks,
Becky
Rebecca_luckie@Charleston.k12.sc.us

122445 -
modify delete 123634 - Reply from Meredith (USA) - 2018-09-16

Our school is in the United States and we are becoming a global school. Our prek and kindergarten classes are studying Australia. We would like to have pen pals as well as video chat.

122445 -
modify delete 123567 - Reply from Sophia (USA) - 2018-09-12

Hi, I have a class of 23 10-11-year-olds in Chicago. If you're still looking, we would love to be pen pals!

122445 -
modify delete 123463 - Reply from Cécilia (France) - 2018-09-07

Hi Melissa,
I am a primary school teacher in France. I am currently looking for a class of children aged 9-10 to exchange on the basis of Jeff Brown’s novel « Flat Stanley ». We would be sending you 29 « Flat Stanleys » dressed as typical French kids, and then a description of the place where we live (approximately in April). In exchange, we would like to receive your class’ Flat Stanleys (I can provide templates) dressed as typical Australian kids, and a description of your living area. I will also try and see if we could arrange a video meeting via Skype or Viber in the end of the year (June or July).
Please feel free to email me for any questions.
Looking forward to hearing from you !
Best,
Cécilia

122445 -
modify delete 123136 - Reply from Doc (USA) - 2018-08-28

Hello! Hope this note finds you well. I am the Director of an international community service program for teens (ages 12-19). For the past several years, we have connected with schools through this website and have found much success. We've written to students as young as eight.

Our program doesn't start for another two weeks (September 10), but if you are still looking for pen pals- our students would be delighted to work with students from your school. We are a virtual program (I have about 100 students from 20 states and four other countries), so how it would work is that you could send me a list of students you need a pal (OR I can send you a list of students I have who would like to write). Your students (or mine) would write letters of introduction. Once you (or I) gather all of the messages, we would email them back and forth. If that could work for you, please reach out to me at nusigmatheta2015@gmail.com.

122445 -
modify delete 122980 - Reply from Rebecca (USA) - 2018-08-22

Hi,
I am a teacher at an elementary school in Charleston, SC in the USA. We are looking for pen pals as well. I teach 100 academically gifted students ranging from 9-11 years old. Our theme this year is Needs so I am also looking to broaden my students understanding of the world and cultural differences.
Thanks,
Becky

122445 -
modify delete 122931 - Reply from Ania (Poland) - 2018-08-20

Hi. I'm Ania. I'd like to work with you on a school project. Are you interested? I'm a young English teacher and I want to find some new English-speaking friends for my creative and ready to learn new things students :-) We'd like to exchange info about cultures and traditions with you, to text some messages or e-mails, to exchange some Christmas or Easter postcards and so on. Feel free to write me back if you are interested to cooperate with me and my students :-) 
anna.korzeniowska75@wp.pl

122445 -
modify delete 122789 - Reply from Joshua (USA) - 2018-08-12

Hey,

My name is Josh, I am a 5th grade teacher here in Orlando, Florida USA. I have about 24 students starting school on August 13, 2018. I would love to set up a Penpal correspondents with your students. Please feel free to email me back (Joshua.a.garrett@gmail.com) and I can send you the address to our school. Maybe we can skype or send video blogs back and forth as wel!

Thank you!

122445 -
modify delete 122774 - Reply from Paige (USA) - 2018-08-08

Hello!

I work with primary school children in an after school setting in Indiana. We are interested in teaming up with you. Please email me at wn@ayskids.org if you would be interested in discussing further.

Thanks,
Paige

122445 -
modify delete 122693 - Reply from Claire (France) - 2018-07-30

Hello, in septembre I will be with 27 or 28 students of 9/10/11 years old. I'm looking for a year of correspondence too. My aim is that my students have a new australia's friend who speaks english. I van visit you 1ftzr because I will go To Australia in february. See you soon, Claire

122445 -
modify delete 122633 - Reply from Sharon (USA) - 2018-07-24

I am trying to create a project where students communicate with students in another culture to figure out "a day in the life of". We would want to share letters and pictures and timelines about/for/of our days. I am a middle school teacher to 11,12,and 13 year olds. I may only be able to pair about ten students.

So excited to see your post. Please respond to my email. We are not in school yet though, return after September 4th.

Please let me know.

Sharon Sulc (Shultz)

USA
Virginia

122445 -
modify delete 122608 - Reply from Sevim Simpson (Turkey) - 2018-07-23

Hi I came from sydney and did teaching in Australia.I am now Esl teacher in Turkey.i would like to have penpals with you
My kids would love to have friends and get to know Auatralian culture.look forward to hear from you. SEVIM.

122445 -
modify delete 122594 - Reply from cléo (France) - 2018-07-21

Hello, I'm a teacher at a primary school in France. I have around 28 pupils (9/11 years) who can write in english. Well, they have 1h per week with an english teacher. I think, we can translate with them. It depends on the frequency of the correspondences. Contact-me if you are interested: cleocourceulles@gmail.com

122445 -
modify delete 122518 - Reply from Agathe (Reunion) - 2018-07-14

Hello Melissa,
My name is Agathe and I am a teacher (9 to 10 years old) in Reunion Island (a french island in the indian ocean next to madagascar). please contact me agathe.clementz@hotmail.fr

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info