Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 124109 - from Stephanie (Australia) - 2018-10-05
: "Looking For Penpal Class"

Hello,

I am a primary school teacher in NSW Australia. I am looking for a Spanish-speaking class that my class can correspond with as penpals. I have 27 students in my class and it would be good to be matched up with a class with a similar number of students for this to work, but some students could have more than one penpal if needed.

My students are between 8 and 10 years of age. We are learning Spanish as an elective once a fortnight. My students have been developing basic Spanish skills and it would be great for them to be able to communicate with Spanish speakers who may want to develop their English skills.

I am thinking of having students handwrite a message, scanning them and then emailing them through to another teacher to be passed on to students.

If this sounds like something that you would be interested in please get in touch.

Kind Regards,

Stephanie

124109 -
modify delete 125214 - Reply from Sandrine (Spain) - 2019-01-25

Hi Stephanie and Kerensa,

Sorry I have only now figured out how to use this system... :-) and seen your answers!

Stephanie - if you´re still interested... Yes I can absolutely send something official through from my school. My work email is sandrine.jackson@mlfmonde.org and mobile number (do you use whatsapp?) is +34 689 486 281. Can you send me your email or phone please?

Kerensa - can we set something up as well? My kids would like to practise their English but could help yours with Spanish or French if appropriate?

Let me know SOON. The first beautiful hand-written letters are practically ready to send out!! :-)

Thanks very much,

Sandrine

124109 -
modify delete 125202 - Reply from Sandy (Spain) - 2019-01-23

Hello!
I’m not totally sure how this works... but I have about 16 x 9-10 year old boys and girls in Spain looking for pen pals! They would like to improve their English so have written introductory letters (in English) and could also write sections in French or Spanish (we are a French school in Spain). The exchange could either be very cultural for your kids and linguistic/cultural for ours OR linguistic also for yours if you have students who would like to improve their French or Spanish (or Catalan! We are in the Balearic islands on Mallorca)
I also have a keen group of 18 x 8-9 year olds with same language exchange proposed.
Let me know if anyone interested. Should be definitely enriching amd hopefully fun! :-)
Thanks,
Sandrine

124109 -
modify delete 124798 - Reply from Kerensa (USA) - 2018-11-23

Hello, I am a fourth-grade teacher in Illinois, USA. I was wondering if you had managed to set up a pen-pal system with a school, or if you still wanted to. I have two classes of Spanish speaking students (a total of 38 students). Please let me know if you are interested.

124109 -
modify delete 124673 - Reply from Stephanie (Australia) - 2018-11-11

Hi,

Thank you for your message.

It may be too late for me to start a pen pal program with my class now (we finish in December). I would be interested in maybe doing something from the beginning of our next school year, if this suits? We start in February. I would have to run it by the executive at my school first too.

If this is something that you may be interested in, please let me know. If you could send through something official from your school (e.g using a school email/letterhead) that would be helpful.

Thank you,

Stephanie Cardillo

124109 -
modify delete 124626 - Reply from Sandrine (Spain) - 2018-11-07

Hello,
I am an English teacher at the Lycée Français de Palma, Mallorca, Balearic Islands, Spain in the Primary section. I have a group of about 16 10 year-olds learning English with me and we would like to set up a letter exchange. Students are 2/3 Spanish mother tongue and 1/3 French or other mother tongue. However they all have a good working knowledge of both Spanish and French (it’s a bilingual school and we are big on learning languages!!! :-)) we could correspond in English and Spanish with you. Let me know if this could work. I was thinking more of traditional post as it’s such a treat to get real mail these days.... ;-) but we could do emials too if you like!
Best regards,
Sandrine Jackson

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info