Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 125515 - from Mariam (USA) - 2019-03-25
: "Seeking Penpals for my 3rd and 4th grade students in France"

Hi,
I am a teacher of ELLs at North Metro Flex Academy of North Saint Paul. I also teach French. I am looking for traditional Snail Mail penpals for my 3rd and 4th graders. These kids range from ages 9 to 11. If there's a school out there who is looking for the same thing, please let me know.
Thanks in advance!.

125515 -
modify delete 131276 - Reply from Maria (Spain) - 2023-10-01

Hi, Marian! Are you still interested in exchanging letters with your pupils?
I´m an ESL teacher and I have 29 pupils (10-11 years old) and they are eager to write letters with other children
If you are interested, please let me know..
Thanks!
Maria

125515 -
modify delete 126885 - Reply from Lauren (Great Britain) - 2019-11-02

Hi I am seeking pen pals for our y5 and 6 students during their French lessons. I am hoping they could write pen pals to and from each other in French? It would enable them to practise their French skills, while making new friends and learning about new cultures in the process. Is this something you would be interested in? Thank you Lauren

125515 -
modify delete 125822 - Reply from Mariam (USA) - 2019-06-28

Hello Claire,

Thanks for reaching out to me. My students from last year and I started to penpal with a school from The Guadaloupe, but it didn't turn out the way we'd expected therefore We are looking at changing a school when we get back from the break.

With that being said, I will be interested in continuing with the Penpal program once we get back to school in September. Since school is out over here for the summer, I cannot tell how many students will be wanting to partake in this project therefore it is preferable to wait until the school year starts. Let's however keep in touch until then.
You'd also mentioned in your email that you'll provide French translation for your student letters; I would say there is no need for that since I myself am a certified French teacher from Francophone background therefore I can easily translate for my students if that's okay with you.
Since the aim of this penpal program is for each side of our teams to learn the new language, it will make sense if we let our kids to thrive and learn the new language on their side.
Thanks and hope to hear from you later.

125515 -
modify delete 125812 - Reply from claire (France) - 2019-06-28

Hello !
i'm a teacher in france looking for english speaking penpals. I will  have 28 students aged 10-11 in 2019-2020. We live near Grenoble, in the french Alps.
I\'ve already had penpal from USA the past 5 years, it was really awesome !
If you're interested in having this project with my class, it would be great !

i usually send a package every 2 months, one letter for each student, written in english and with the french translation, so that your students can learn french !
the first sent is about students themselves, they introduce their families (they stick pictures on the letters) and we usually send little gifts from france for every american pupil.
the second sent is a christmas card, with pictures too.
the third one is a presentation of our town, the buildings and different spaces, the major etc...

thanks for your answer if you are interested !
bye !
Claire

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info