Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 24220 - from Sally (Israel) - 2008-03-14
: "Salam From Palestine"

I am a teacher from palestine.I am teaching in Jericho.I have problem which is my Students did not study hard because they are working in farms,so they get bad markes.What can I do to make them good in English.
Sally

24220 -
modify delete 33897 - Reply from Raees Jamodien (South Africa) - 2010-03-28

You can let them all write snail-mail to me. reply if you are interested.

24220 -
modify delete 33849 - Reply from Liz (Canada) - 2010-03-22

try letters to penpals -Looking for snail mail pen pals for students ages 13 - 15.
How about graphic novels in english - comics? They can even create their own about an interesting topic.
Sing songs in english and describe what the words or song is about to the.
Have them write poetry in English - or translate english news from around the world.

Just a few thoughts, if your interested in penpals let me know.

24220 -
modify delete 32942 - Reply from Lauren (USA) - 2010-01-04

use a reward...tell them if they make good grades on their test....they can have a pizza party or some cookies...thanks

24220 -
modify delete 30627 - Reply from Trish (USA) - 2009-07-16

An Idea would try to teach your lessons in relationship to farming have the kids apply it to home life. Allow kids to talk about the events of their day at home, kids love to talk also try ice breakers take time to allow them to move around when it seems like their falling asleep. Make fun teaching games where they class can join in as a group. Be creative,
everything a child does is learning. Make it fun and interesting:)
Be blessed!

24220 -
modify delete 30456 - Reply from Saige (USA) - 2009-06-27

Hello,
I would suggest that you have them write to english students and have them read some english books. My teacher this year had us write to people in France and read books in french becuase we where in a french class. In the end we learned alot of new things from our penpals and we had a great time reading the books. Of course with the books you would have to set a reasonable amount of pages to have read by a certian time so that the students would have no excuse as to why they havent read that far. It truely does help. Even more so if the books were something that the students enjoyed. it gives them reason to want to read more which in turn will have your students absorbing more and more english grammer and spelling and everything.

If you would like I could be a penpal to your class or research some good english books right for the school envirment.

Have a great day,
Saige

PS. my email is soaringfalcon_st@hotmail.com

24220 -
modify delete 27355 - Reply from Tonny (Algeria) - 2008-10-15

Hi,I advice u to motivate them by demonstrating the importance of the power of language in life and at the same time you have to select texts which have relevance with their daily lives because students are more motivated when they see the relevance of what they are learning in schools with the world outside.

24220 -
modify delete 24811 - Reply from ahmed (Algeria) - 2008-05-03

hello, i'm ahmed from algiers, ok about ur q? i'd like to say to u that is because of the war we had colonied about 130yrs and now we are in the good situations if u speak eng u can't make them study if urn't u have to anounce the islam and if god will accept it's experience's life wish u the best; ahmed_deutsch@live.fr

24220 -
modify delete 24578 - Reply from funda (Turkey) - 2008-04-10

Hello I am an English teacher from Turkey . My kids are rich so they don't care for their future so it is hard to make them study . what I do is teaching them through games . Sometimes via internet , sometimes flashcards ( which I myself ) create . Rewarding them by candies and little presents and giving the minumum homeowrk because I kknow they are not interested in doing it . Hope to hear from you

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info