Forum about Teacher ads
- Optional filter -
Text search :
Your school hasn't got its own website yet ? Click here to create one
It's easy, it's free! [advantages]  -  [help]

modify delete 26213 - from George (South Africa) - 2008-08-19
: "Searching Students aged 9 - 13 for pen pals, email pals around the world"

Hello, I am looking to implement a buddy system where primary schools around the world interact with each other. The learners at our school would like to hear and get to know other learners like themselves across the world. We have in the age groups above +- 500 learners who are willing an able to correspond with others like themselves. Please let me know if there are any other educators out there who wish do to the same for their school, lets make our kids dreams a reality. I thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

26213 -
modify delete 113510 - Reply from Amber (USA) - 2016-09-28

Hello! I am a 5th grade Reading/Writing/Social Studies teacher in Texas. I have about 70 students that I would like for them to find a pen pal and write to. Let me know if this works with your students.

26213 -
modify delete 104028 - Reply from farida (Reunion) - 2015-06-21

Hi,

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Farida ROBERT and I am in charge of extra-curricular animation in an elementary school in Saint Joseph located in La Réunion Island which is a French overseas department in the Indian Ocean near Madagascar.

Within this framework, my pedagogical team and I would like to set up a cultural plan we will call « the 5 continents » and whose aim would be to introduce our language, our practices and habits and our life style to other foreign countries and in return we would like to learn and discover those of other countries in order to become aware of new cultures.

Simultaneously, it is our ambition to establish some form of respect and values of other people among our young children. In fact, France is a country which advocates equality, however all of us are not equal in terms of needs and wealth.

Therefore I call upon different schools worldwide (in the 5 continents) to establish an exchange of letters or even videoconferences on Skype for example between children (aged 7 to 11).

I am at your disposal if you have any other questions to ask me and I remain open to any suggestion whatever the country is.

Yours sincerely.

Farida ROBERT

Email @ddress: farida.robert@hotmail.fr

26213 -
modify delete 76910 - Reply from Hélène (Canada) - 2013-09-20

Bonjour, je suis enseignante au primaire dans une classe de 25 élèves de 11-12 ans. Je recherche une autre classe pour correspondre et s'ouvrir aux différences culturelles ailleurs dans le monde.

26213 -
modify delete 76653 - Reply from BEATRICE (France) - 2013-09-13

Hello George,
Are you still looking for a cultural mail exchange? In that case I'm ready!
I teach English to pupils aged 11-17 years old and they'd be happy to have new friends from the other side of the world. Last year we've been spending a month studying South Africa, so that would make sense, wouldn't it?
Thanks for giving me an answer...
Béatrice.

26213 -
modify delete 73066 - Reply from Teri (USA) - 2013-01-10

hello! I teach in an after school literacy program at the imiddle school level, manny of my students are English anguage learn ears most are of Hispanic culture; I thought that it would be a great learning experience for my students to become pen pals with kids from other countries.

26213 -
modify delete 45150 - Reply from Suzel (France) - 2012-07-16

Hello !

I'll particip to the Flat Stanley Project next year (sept 2012) with my pupils of 10-11 yaer old.
So we send our fla Satnley all over the world with infos about our city, country and traditions.
If you know some teachers interessing in answer us with the same type of infos, you can answer me !!

à bientot !
Suzel

26213 -
modify delete 43061 - Reply from Elena (Russia) - 2012-01-18

Hello! I am a teacher of English from Russia. My students aged from 7 to 17 are looking forward to have pen friends from different parts of the world. We live in Siberia. I hope you hear about this region, about our rather cold and snowy winters. That's why it is very interesting for us to communicate with people from warm countries. Please write me back if you don't mind to chat with me and my studenrs!

26213 -
modify delete 41735 - Reply from Meghan (USA) - 2011-10-12

Hi,
I am interested to see if we could be a fit.
How many students per level were you looking for?
I am not sure we have that many, but we can figure something out.
Thanks.
Ms. Lynch

26213 -
modify delete 38528 - Reply from caroline (USA) - 2011-03-28

I currently teach level 1, 2,and 3 Humanities at an IB school and do a hugh unit on South Africa Every April and May. Would be interested in exchanging informtaion with your students. Please email me with your info so we can get going.

26213 -
modify delete 38192 - Reply from 3rd Grade Class (USA) - 2011-02-23

We are also looking for freinds around the world. Please write us back if you are interested in telling us more about your country.

26213 -
modify delete 37934 - Reply from Emily (Germany) - 2011-01-18

Hello!

My name is Emily Kirkland, and while I am originally from Vancouver, Canada, I teach ESL to a grade 5 class in Frankfurt, Germany. Would your class be interested in having penpals? We only have 7 students: 3 girls and 4 boys.

Emily

26213 -
modify delete 36615 - Reply from Anny CTC (Reunion) - 2010-09-29

Good morning
I'm teaching in a primary school (children aged from 8 to 11) and i would like to find a class to have interaction by visio conference with my class.
we speak french here and we're learning english.
Are you interested by this program?
Anny CTC

26213 -
modify delete 34513 - Reply from Tracey (USA) - 2010-06-14

Looking to have class emails for the next scoop year

26213 -
modify delete 33927 - Reply from Beth (USA) - 2010-03-30

George,

I teach 7 and 8 year olds in St. Louis, Missouri in the USA. I am looking for an opportunity for my students to interact with other children from around the world. Currently, we are studying about Africa. If you are interested in working together to allow our children to communicate, please let me know.

Thanks,
Beth

26213 -
modify delete 33801 - Reply from carole (France) - 2010-03-18

Hello,
I am doing a world trip with a departure in april and I am looking for primary classes 6 to 10 years old) to join my project called "Sharing dreams with Children of the World" supported by a primary school in France.

The idea is to make children draw their dreams all around the world and build correspondance between them. I collect the draws and to transfer them from one country to another during my trip around the world. My first class in Africa is in Kenya, and the next stop will be in south africa in Cape town and Joburg (june july) before I go in India (Himalaya)in august. You can see my itinerary on a world map by clicking on the link to my blog below:
http://www.enroutes.com/blog/itineraire-blog.php?weblog_id=206

If you are interested, thank you contact me at acjacquard@gmail.com

26213 -
modify delete 32879 - Reply from Marieli (Brazil) - 2009-12-27

My e-mail is t.marieli@hotmail.com

26213 -
modify delete 32878 - Reply from Marieli (Brazil) - 2009-12-27

Hi!
I am Marieli, I am Brazilian and I teach English for children in a primary school in Salvador, Bahia in Brazil. I'll have about 40 students in 2010 that are 8 - 10 years old. They are beginners.
I have a project of interchanging cultural information by snail mail and I hope that we can work together.
What do you think? Is it interesting for you and for your students?
Let me know.
I'm anxiously waiting for your answer.
Marieli

26213 -
modify delete 32428 - Reply from Bridgett Arnold (USA) - 2009-11-10

I am a seventh grade teacher in Memphis, Tennessee in thr United States of America. I have about 90 students. The girls and boys are between the ages of 12-14 years old. I was wondering if you had at least 90 students from your school that would like to become their pen pals via letters and postcards. My students would love to learn about your country and the culture and we will share our country and culture.

26213 -
modify delete 31412 - Reply from Murielle (France) - 2009-09-13

Hi George,
I would like to find for my class (9 and 10 years old) a few schools around the world (especially South Africa, Australia, India, USA, Canada, Carribean Island...). We could exchange about the way we live, our geographical area (I've got many ideas)... so my studiants will improve their english. I've got 21 pupils. We live near the sea in the south west of France.
I hope to hear from you soon

26213 -
modify delete 29743 - Reply from Lesley (Belgium) - 2009-04-17

Hi

We are a secondary school based on the Freinet methodology, which means the main aim is to start from our students' interests.
My students (26 pupils) are desperately looking for pen pals to correspond with in English. They are between 12 and 14 years old and have English twice a week.
They would like to write to your students to improve their English. If this could be possible on a monthly basis, they can become real pals!
Their next project (27th April-1st May) is about Africa. So that would be a perfect start, wouldn't it?

Please let me know if you and your students are interested.
kind regards
Lesley

26213 -
modify delete 28799 - Reply from Philippe (France) - 2009-01-26

We are a small school in one of the most picturesque Landscape of France. Our French pupils (5 to 11 year old) learn English twice a week (2 x 45’). They are working on a large project about South Africa: history, geography, culture, sports, etc. Have a look on the website http://ecoles48.net/elve/pays_cedes/afrique_sud/index.htm
We would like to start a partnership with some classes for developing our knowledge of the way of life in South Africa. We need to find a partner (or several partners) with an internet connection for videoconferencing (webcam). We hope you are interested in this proposition.
Philippe GODE, Teacher
philippe.gode@ac-montpellier.fr

26213 -
modify delete 27900 - Reply from jacqui (Great Britain) - 2008-11-18

Hi
Saw your details and i have students who wish to correspond with other countries around the world, it would be great if you can email me more details like ages names etc of your students and get them talking to each other
Look forward to hearing from you soon
kind regards
jacqui

26213 -
modify delete 26262 - Reply from Megan (Australia) - 2008-08-22

I am a teacher of 5 to 13 year olds in Australia and would love to do the same. I am currently teaching cultural studies and German. I have about 5 students who would like a pen pal as soon as possible and more in coming weeks and months. Perhaps we could organise some whole class activities as well. Please email me.

Forum about Teacher ads - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info