Forum about Sport - Karate
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 15326 - from Weeraphat , 17 y.o. (NZL) - 2015-01-30
Karate : "Karate in the Olympic"

I know many people will disagree with me. I am against Karate being in the Olympic. I had my time in doing sports Karate but I think it's just a game. For me, Karate is not a sport and never will be. I practice it as an art of self protection where I can use to protect myself and my love ones. However, I can see the benefits if Karate is in the Olympic, but I don't want the same thing that happened to Taekwondo to happen to Karate.

15326 -
modify delete 23926 - Reply from Natalia , 15 y.o. (ESP) - 2016-01-24

I agree with you. Karate is a lifstyle. I hate karate competitions.
The thing I really love is the honor code and karate's traditions and I can't understand it like an sport.
If karate becomes an olympic sport traditions will be lost and champion will be a champion of gyako tsuki or mawashi geri, but no a karate's one.

15326 -
modify delete 20305 - Reply from Pauline , 16 y.o. (FRA) - 2015-07-21

Sorry, but i'm desagree whith you. Karate is lifestyle. At the beginning karate wasn't for competition. But it evolved and now they are a lot of competition : World championship, European championship, ect. So, why not in the Olympic ?
For myself, i practice karate for 8 years, i have make competition but not hight-level.
Thank.

15326 -
modify delete 15524 - Reply from samantha , 11 y.o. (NZL) - 2015-04-05

i like karate so you can defend yourself

15326 -
modify delete 15393 - Reply from Meghan , 11 y.o. (USA) - 2015-02-21

I am with you, karate has always been fun for me, and I encourage others to try it. But I don't think it should be in the Olympics....

Forum about Sport - Karate - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info