Forum about Sport - Gymnastics
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 26412 - from Julia , 13 y.o. (POL) - 2019-05-28
Gymnastics : "Our skills; Favorite gymnast / cheer / contortion"

Hi! I love gimnastics, but I don't take lessons. I can do a bridge, split, cartwheel, hand stand, front handspring, arabasque and tilt. What can you do? I want to do a needle and contortion hand stand. My favourite gimnast/cheer/contornist is Whitney Bjerken, Sofie Dossi and Anna McNulty. What are yours?

26412 -
modify delete 26521 - Reply from Winnie , 17 y.o. (USA) - 2019-09-06

I've never taken gymnastics lessons either, but I recently started coaching and can now proudly say that I am now capable of walking on a balance beam! I did do ballet for years, so I can do the splits and arabesques as well, as well as pirouettes, basic turns, jumps, etc. I can also do a cartwheel and forward roll but that's about the extent of my skills haha.
My favourite gymnast right now is probably Brooklyn Moors for women's artistic, I do watch quite a lot of men's as well - I'd say that my favourite rising star is probably Felix Dolci. Epke Zonderland and Fabian Hambuchen are pretty cool as well and I love their rivalry/friendship! I'm not sure if they're competing anymore though. And my other favorite female gymnasts are Aly Raisman, Sunisa Lee, Shawn Johnson, and Nastia Liukin.
I also love watching old gymnastics - like the stuff from the 90s with Kerri Strug and Dominique Moceanu, if you know what I'm talking about? The '96 magnificent seven. It's completely different and tragic knowing the background and I am forever grateful for the positive reform that the sport is in the process of receiving but the work of these athletes is still so beautiful.

Forum about Sport - Gymnastics - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info