- Concealed handguns deter crime.
- Responsible citizens should have the right to arm themselves against criminals with guns.
- The right to carry concealed handguns is guaranteed by the Second Amendment of the US Constitution.
- Most adults who carry concealed handguns are law-abiding and do not misuse their firearms.
- Carrying a concealed handgun could help stop a public shooting spree.
- Concealed handguns protect people who cannot always rely on police forces for protection.
- The majority of Americans support allowing the concealed carry of handguns.
| No way!
- Permitting concealed handguns increases crime.
- Carrying a concealed handgun increases the chances of a confrontation escalating and turning lethal.
- Second Amendment rights have limits.
- Concealed carry application requirements and background checks do not prevent dangerous people from acquiring weapons.
- Criminals are more likely to carry a gun if they suspect that victims may also be armed.
- Public safety should be left to professionally qualified police officers, not private citizens with little or no expert training.
- Concealed weapons laws make the non-carrying public feel less safe.