Forum about Jobs - Writer
- Optional filter -
Text search :

modify delete 39753 - from Maddie , 10 y.o. (CAN) - 2021-05-03
Writer : "My story: Part one"

Saturday, April 11th, 2048
Chloe Harris awoke in excitement. Today was the day! Her fourteenth birthday was finally here, and as a birthday present, she was sure that she would get the one thing she’d been longing for for years! The new, improved iphone 67! It had the ability to call any storybook character, install up to 6,000 apps, and take pictures with over 800 filters! Well, her parents hadn’t actually told her they’d get her one… yet. But Chloe was sure she would. She sprung out of her bed excitedly, unlike her usual habit of sleeping in on Saturdays. She threw on a striped T-Shirt and jean shorts. Her parents always told her that April was too cold for shorts, but she was sure they’d make an exception on her special day. She sprung downstairs and bounced around, shrieking the word ‘PRESENTS!’ over and over like the psycho clown from the movie ‘Inside Out.’ After a few minutes of doing this, she was greeted by grumpy, tired parents and an even grumpier older sister, Zara. Chloe addressed her as the ‘16 year old pain in the bottom.’ “Why did you get me up so early? I have a date with Eric today, and I’m going to have dark circles under my eyes. And it’s all YOUR fault!” She complained, whining like a 4 year old. “Uh, it’s my BIRTHDAY. Your 18th boyfriend can wait.” Chloe replied casually, rolling her eyes. Zara whined to mom and mentioned something about Chloe being a fat meanie. “So, can I open my presents now?” Chloe grinned, jumping around in a circle. “Hold up, it’s 6:26 in the MORNING.” Zara groaned, glancing at mom and dad hopefully. But to Chloe’s delight, their dad was already on his way to grab the presents from the basement. Zara sulked and sat down on the old couch, torn and ripped apart by their dog, sparky, who was napping in the dining room. Soon enough, their dad came back with a big stack of presents. Chloe saw Zara shoot the stack of presents with a jealous glare, which just made Chloe even more content. She grabbed the biggest one, because that obviously wasn’t iphone size. The main reason she wanted the iphone so badly was to call all her crushes from books- and she had many. Her excitement rose as she tore apart the shiny green wrapping paper, which faded as soon as she saw what it was. SOCKS. Her parents had gotten her a pack of 100 SOCKS for her birthday. She plastered on a fake smile. “Thank you! Gotta love those socks, heh heh.” She exclaimed unconvincingly, patting the box of socks like it was a prized possession. Her sister was definitely not fooled, but her parents, weirdly, were. “We thought you could use some new ones, since all your others had holes in them.” Her dad explained. “Aren’t they ADORABLE?!!” Her mom gushed, grinning widely. Chloe couldn’t help but consider her mom brain dead, staring at the llama patterned socks in disappointment. “Well? What are you waiting for? Open the next one! I don’t want to waste any more of my time on this!” Zara said grumpily under her breath. Chloe sighed and shoved the socks away, trying to dig up hope for the next present. She went through four more presents until there was just a small, iphone sized box left. But after the past presents, she wasn’t so sure. The presents she’d gotten were no better than the socks. A whoopee cushion, which she was not allowed to use on her sister (so what was the point?) A pair of pink underwear, a rhino plushie, and a journal, which she planned to secretly recycle. As she grabbed the final box, her hopes rose. It was the weight of an iphone 67! She slowly tore the thin wrapping paper, her heart pounding. It was like the contents of this box was a matter of life and death.

39753 -
modify delete 39754 - Reply from Maddie , 10 y.o. (CAN) - 2021-05-03

Find out the box contents tomorrow!

Forum about Jobs - Writer - (c) Etudiants du Monde / Students of the World
if any remark / question, please contact the webmaster:

https://StudentsOfTheWorld.info